It is with a heavy heart that I write to you let you know that Lifehouse Project has closed its doors. We are very sad that such a wonderful organisation has had to wind up, but we are also tremendously proud of what a small organisation has achieved over the past 10 years.
We have worked with thousands of young women and young mothers and impacted the lives of hundreds of children and families. We have worked with so many youth workers, teachers, schools and organisations and had thousands of volunteers support us to give young people friendship, dignity, respect, self-esteem and purpose.
- housed homeless young mothers
- provided young homeless mothers with emergency funds
- provided young families with practical support
- trained volunteer mentors
- trained young mothers to be peer educators
- trained youth workers
- ran a school engagement program
- spoken to thousands of young people about sexual health
- developed a conflict resolution program
- run events for young parents
- developed and run the Girls With A Purpose program in Gold Coast high schools
- distributed Girls With A Purpose program in Australia and overseas
- allowed 2,000 teenagers to be motivated and empowered to be all that they can be through our amazing Princess Party event
That is what has made Lifehouse Project so special and fantastic.
The good news is, that the program “Girls With A Purpose”, and our other resources will still be available to schools and organisations running programs with girls. Ohana For Youth has kindly agreed to make the program available from their online shop so that it can continue being an amazing resource to youth workers, teachers and mentors. Visit www.ohana.org.au for more information.
We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has been part of our journey: volunteers, donors, staff, board members….you have all given your time and support in some way and there is no way we could have touched the lives of so many girls and families without you.